The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution™ offers on-premises or facility-based workers wireless email, data and Session Initiated Protocol (SIP)-based IP telephony via 802.11b Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs).* Mobilize on-premises workers
The new BlackBerry 7270 Wireless Handheld™ works with BlackBerry Enterprise Server™ v4.0 or higher and 802.11b infrastructure, allowing on-premises workers to enhance their productivity, efficiency and flexibility. Users can move freely throughout their organization's WLAN using SIP-based IP telephony and wireless access to email, browser and organizer applications.
BlackBerry over WLAN requirements
To enable the BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution over WLAN, organizations require:
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.0 or higher
- BlackBerry 7270 Wireless Handhelds
- IEEE 802.11b compatible WLAN
- SIP enabled PBX or SIP server and/or gateway
(required for SIP-based telephony)
Deliver BlackBerry benefits to a wider user-base
Using the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution over WLAN helps organizations deliver workflow enhancements to employees who require on-premises mobility.
- Engineers can stay connected to phone and email while roaming from office to plant floor
- Shift supervisors can wirelessly access intranet information to handle staffing issues
- Facilities workers can order parts and clear trouble tickets from locations throughout the organization
- Purchasing agents can place or receive phone calls while on the go and email orders to suppliers from on-site locations
- Project managers can set up meetings from locations throughout the office campus
The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution over WLAN is a cost-effective way to allow organizations to provide on-premises workers with wireless access to important communications and information using a BlackBerry 7270™ handheld.